International freight shipping in Hervey Bay is a complex procedure that requires the services of an international freight forwarder.
A freight forwarder is essentially a company or a person whose duties are to organize shipments of corporations or individuals, and to get large orders from manufacturers to the market or to the final point of distribution.
Freight Shipping Company in Hervey Bay contract carriers to facilitate the shipment of goods. The forwarder himself is not a carrier per se, but is skilled in supply chain management. Basically, these forwarders can be thought of as a travel agency for the cargo industry or as a third party logistics provider.
Australian Freight Shipping Service Hervey Bay
Freight Shipping can be booked for a whole host of carrier types, which include ships, trucks, planes and railroads. Some shipments can use multiple carrier types on route before it reaches its designated destination.
Freight shipping in Hervey Bay calls for very specific documentation as it has to go through multiple custom checks before being allowed to pass through. The forwarder would organize the carriage of your international shipment, along with helping the handling and processing of all the necessary paperwork. International forwarders also make sure that your shipment is arriving at the correct place at the specified time.
An international freight Company in Hervey Bay should traditionally guide you through the complicated process of international shipping, as they are the experts on the international freight shipping process. This way you can understand and aid your shipment and your freight forwarding company can benefit from this information.
A day in the life of a freight forwarder would consist of the following tasks:
The primary task of a Freight Shipping Company at work would be conversations and negotiations with clients and warehouses that they deal with worldwide. This is because they need to gather information for the purpose of passing it on to the concerned parties that they are doing business with or need to report to as authorities. These would include an SSL – Steam Ship Line, the United States Customs or they might even be the customer themselves.
International Discount Freight Shipping in Australia
For shipping your goods from one place to another, especially from one country to another, International freight shipping company is considered a better option. When you browse through the web you will come across various companies claiming to be the best one. Then how do you select the one that meets your needs timely? For choosing the right shipping company, here are some tips.
* If you are new to the business of import and export, then you need to do preliminary research of listing the companies that have the experience of carrying the goods from one place to another. Specially check whether they have the appropriate facility for moving the goods on particular route you are looking for. Short-list the companies that meet your need. Send them the request and compare the international freight rates.
* Check out the rates and see whether they are offering with facility of order tracking system or not. Ask them for client reference and cross check it. This will help you in knowing what exactly the quality of the services being offered was. Did the company provide quality and timely services or not? Did the customer face any problem with the services? Were the goods in good condition when the final delivery was made or not?
* Next thing is to see whether the company understands the specific needs of the product type. If you are dealing with perishable items them it becomes necessary to check whether they have the refrigeration facility or not. These things differ with the weather conditions of the country where you are sending the goods.
* Many shipping companies provide secondary services to their customers. These include custom clearance, payment of taxes and duties, covering of documentation issues, etc. They know the shipping and freight laws of various countries and will help you in knowing & abiding by them. Even some companies offer with supply chain management facility also.
* Freight companies have tie-ups with custom brokers, & various domestic freight agents/ companies. Have the details of them if possible. This will help you in telling the customer, exactly who will be delivering the products and by what time.
These things will help you in knowing more about freight service provider and take a wiser decision.
Australian Freight Shipping Service Hervey Bay Australia
Speaking of accounting and terms that are related to export import business; even if you have a bookkeeper or an accountant that will take a good care of your books, there are some things and terms that you should know. Before starting to talk about terms, I want to tell you mt story. When my husband and I just started this business, we had no experience in this field at all. We even didn't have any experience in running any kind of business, so all the financial and non-financial terms were new for us. When we first time went to talk to a custom broker I thought he was speaking in some different language with us. Even the word freight sounded very weird to me, "Why wouldn't you call that shipping??" I though. So, I know your pain when it comes to business slang.
FOB destination - title of the goods passes from a seller to a buyer AT destination. That means that seller is responsible for loss or damage of goods until shipment is delivered to a buyer. For example, you bought a car from Germany with FOB destination terms. In this case if anything happens to a car while it's been shipped, you have NO responsibilities for that, and you will not have to pay for any damage or loss of the car. You even don't have to buy the car when it arrives, if it is not in the acceptable condition. All expenses are handled by the seller.
Freight out (Transportation out) - the terms to record the transportation costs or delivery expenses, when the seller is responsible for delivery (FOB destination). (The seller will record the transportation cost as Freight-Out, Transportation-Out, or Delivery Expense.)
FOB shipping point:
FOB shipping point (FOB origin) - title of goods passes from a seller to a buyer at the seller's shipping doc. That meant that a buyer is has to pay for the delivery. Basically, If you bought a car with FOB shipping point or FOB origin terms, you are the one who is responsible for delivery and damage or loss of the car. If the car arrives in a poor condition because of an accident that happened WHILE the car was shipped, you cannot ask for money back.
- Destination Freight Prepaid - the seller pays and takes all the freight charges and. (Pretty much the same as FOB destination)
- Destination freight Prepaid and Charged Back - The seller pays the freight charges, but charges them back on the buyers invoice. (For instance, when you buy something from Amazon.com, they usually include the price of the shipment in the receipt. That means they pay for shipment, but they charge you back for that.)
- Destination Freight Collect - The buyer pays and takes all the freight charges. (However, the buyer pays all expenses, just when the car arrives to the destination.)
- Destination Freight Collect and Allowed - the buyer pays the freight charges, but the seller takes the charges in the invoice. (For example, you bought a car that cost you $5,000 and you paid for shipment $1000. Total: $6000. When the car arrives and you receive the invoice from the company that sold you the car, you see that they charge you just $4000, because they made an allowance of $1000 for shipment.)
Freight in (Transportation in) - the terms to record the transportation costs or delivery expenses when the buyer is responsible for delivery (FOB shipping point, FOB origin) (The buyer will record this cost as Freight-In or Transportation-In.)